This can be done via a global setting or by individual theme settings in the Drupal 7 admin dashboard. Removing the site name is very simple in Drupal 7 and can be done by following these instructions:
- Log in to your Drupal installation.
- Using the admin toolbar (top menu area), click on the Appearance option.
- This will bring up the Themes page where it lists all installed themes. Locate the Settings tab at the upper right corner.
- You will see the Global settings followed by the name of all enabled themes as a top menu bar. In order to disable the Site name for all themes, just click the Global Settings label. If you wish to disable this setting for a particular theme, simply click on that theme's name in the menu.
- Finally, locate the Site Name setting and disable it.