Drupal Commerce does not send an order notification email to site admin (site email) out of the box. However, there is already a rule set up to send the order notification to the user. It's called "Send an order notification e-mail". You have always the option to clone this rule, but instead of sending the email to the owner of the order, just send it to the admin's email address.
In order to achieve this, just follow the steps below through Drupal's User Interface:
1. Clone the enabled checkout completion rule "Send an order notification e-mail" through Home » Administration » Store » Configuration » Checkout settings » Checkout rules (admin/commerce/config/checkout/rules)
2. Set the name "Send an order notification e-mail to site admin" to your new checkout rule and save your changes
3. Edit the new "Send mail" Action
4. Change the e-mail address where the message will be sent to, with the Data selector "site:mail" and save your changes
Note that in this step, you have always the option to change also the Subject and Message body of this email with any text or replacement pattern for Site information or Completed order.
5. Finally, you will be able to see your new checkout rule
In case this article leaves any of your questions or concerns unanswered, please feel welcome to email us or post a public question.
More than (just) Themes
- Post a Public Question
- Email Us
- Live Chat!
Thanks so much for your detailed answer. You guys are the best.
UNODATA, March 2017
I’m marking this as solved. You guys are awesome. I’ll never go anywhere else for my themes. Your service and support have been awesome and this was literally above and beyond. Thanks!
President, Nexxus Cloud LLC., April 2015
You are great! Problem solved. Thank you so much for nice and helpful support.
Schoonheid in pixels, July 2016
All is good now.
Thanks for your excellent support!
Cardinal Photo, April 2015